Small Business and Normal (Non Travelers)

Workbook and Cryptocurrency Reporting

Our 2021 Client Workbook is NOW AVAILABLE below!  For us to do your taxes, the workbook needs to be completed and submitted to us (put N/A in any section(s) that do not apply to you). A wise traveler will download it on their first assignment and document each assignment as you go through the year. Trust us, it is much easier that way. In the process of filling it out, you will learn what records need to be kept.


  • Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC program on your computer (it is a free download, no sign up/password required).
  • Save the workbook on your computer.
  • Open the workbook from the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC program (just installing it isn’t enough, open workbook from there).
  • Type and save workbook as often as you need to using Adobe Reader
  • If all else fails, you may print it out and fill out by hand.

(Mac users: Do not fill out workbook in Apple Preview mode as it will not save your work and will print it out blank.)

Should you have your business records in another format (excel or Quickbooks), you can just email those to us and note that in the workbook.

2021 Workbook

Cryptocurrency Accounting

If you have cryptocurrency that you need to account for please make sure to check out link below! Accointing is a partner and they’re giving our customers a 20% discount if you use link below when you use their services!

Accointing (Crypto)

Ready to Get Started?

Confused about traveler taxes? Don’t know where to start filing a Cross-border or International return? Look no further! We are here to help! Please review our process below to get started!

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the point of defining a refund? By explaining first what it is not. It is NOT free cash that a conniving tax preparer embezzles from the government. (haha!)

So what is it? It is a result of too much money being withheld from a paycheck. That’s all. That is why the IRS calls it an OVERPAYMENT. Look at the bottom lines of a tax return and you will see that the IRS is refunding the overpayment. At the end of the year “the books are settled” when the tax return is filed. Too much withheld = refund; not enough put in = owe.

Does the person that gets a $4,000 refund realize they overpaid the government by $330 every month? And then they say they need their tax refund to pay off bills!

What needs to be kept and for how long? Because the IRS has up to 3 years to audit a return, and often they notify taxpayers about 2 years into that time period. How well can you remember what you did 3 years ago? Some travelers have to recreate their assignments with correct dates and expenses or pay thousands to the IRS because the records have been lost.

Anything used to obtain the numbers on the tax return needs to be kept 6 years and you should probably extend that to 7 years to cover the end of the year. (If the IRS suspects major issues with unreported income, and travelers have a lot of income tied up in reimbursements, they can then open the audit up to 6 years.)

Only the after-tax expenses are eligible to be claimed as a deduction.
– Most employer-provided health insurance is paid for with pre-tax money (taken out of your paycheck) and does not qualify.
– Any medical expenses paid out of a Flexible Spending Account or a HSA are pre-tax and do not qualify.

Want To Learn More?
Sign up for TravelTax University.