Get Started

Our Filing Process (US Returns)


Fill Out Workbook & Send Us Your Tax Documents

Please fill out and send your workbook, travel contracts, driver’s license, tax documents and voided check (or bank account info) to us via:

Upload: Client Portal

Our documents team will process your paperwork in the order received (please give us a week to process) and will email you to let you know if we received and/or are missing any documents.

First time clients: Upload via the Guest Exchange option on the portal until given a personal portal account by us after tax appointment.

Returning clients: Login to your portal to upload your documents.  If you have forgotten your password, just click on forgot username/ password!

Fax: 1-877-872-8829


TravelTax, LLC

46 Saint Mark Road

Taylors, SC 29687


We Will Contact You to Schedule Appointment (Unless You Opted for an Email Return)

Our documents team will process your paperwork in the order received and will email you to let you know if we received and/or are missing any documents.

Once your file is ready with all the required documents, our admin staff will email you to let you know we are ready to schedule your phone tax appointment, unless if you opted to prepare your return as an email return. Please check your spam/junk folder if you have not seen an email from us!

Phone Appointment clients: New client appointments can vary from 30 minutes to an hour, and returning client appointments are usually 30 minutes.

Email Return clients: (Only available to returning clients) If you selected to file your return via email, you will not have a phone appointment scheduled.  Instead, Nayra and her assistant, Jackie, will email you to start your return.


Sign Your Tax Return to Authorize Us to File It

Once your tax return is ready and uploaded, you will be instructed to go to our secure Client Portal to review and electronically sign your tax return.

Without your consent and signature we cannot file your tax return! If for some reason you are unable to electronically sign your return, we can upload signature pages which you can download, print and sign and upload to us on our portal.

We strongly recommend for you to create an account with the IRS to be able to see where you are at in the process or to check on your Federal refund status. To check on your state refund, go to that state’s department of revenue website to check refund status.


We Will Send Your Invoice After Appointment

Our billing staff will send your invoice after you have had your tax appointment with our preparer whether over the phone or via email.

TravelTax Guarantee: Our pricing includes the guarantee that anything we sign we defend (if you are a current client and need audit representation for a return we prepared, we will represent you free of charge.)

Confused about traveler taxes? Don’t know where to start filing a cross-border or international return? Look no further! We are here to help!

Start with our workbook!  For us to do your taxes, the workbook needs to be completed and submitted to us (put N/A in any section(s) that do not apply to you). A wise traveler will download it on their first assignment and document each assignment as you go through the year. In the process of filling it out, you will learn what records need to be kept.

NOTE: Only if you want an Email Return should you fill out the Email Return Agreement (on pg. 3), otherwise skip that page! 


  • Download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC program on your computer (it is a free download, no sign up/password required).
  • Save the workbook on your computer.
  • Open the workbook from the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC program (just installing it isn’t enough, open workbook from there).
  • Type and save workbook as often as you need to using Adobe Reader
  • If all else fails, you may print it out and fill out by hand.

(Mac users: Do not fill out workbook in Apple Preview mode as it will not save your work and will print it out blank.)

Open Video iFrame

Canadian/Cross-Border Clients Please Review Separate Filing Process Below:

Frequently Asked Questions

There are many individuals that have put off filing returns for years. Eventually, it catches up to you especially if the taxing agencies calculate a tax delinquency based on their own data, or you hold a professional practice license that requires the filing of a return. We can help work with you on this.  Stop avoiding the issue and let us help you get it cleaned up!

The IRS will typically send a letter asking for a filing and if no response is made, will file a return for the taxpayer based on a married filing separate or single filing status. No refunds are issued – that requires a filed return, but any delinquencies that the IRS calculates will be pursued. This is where most back filers find themselves when they come to us.

The attack plan is to file a return. That sounds simple but it can become complex when there are no records or W2’s. The IRS can provide the information that they have, but many states do not keep a record of income and withholding that would be found on your W2. Many individuals who have not filed and have large amounts due ask whether that can make an offer to settle their taxes at an amount less than the amount of the delinquency. The IRS has strict guidelines for this, but you must have all the returns filed before this can be pursued.

We defend any return we prepare free of charge. Any penalties or interest that are due to our mistakes, we pay. Our integrity is our most valued asset. You won’t find many tax offices like that!

As a side note, we also keep copies of everything you send us in PDF format. In the event of an audit, we will have most of the information we need. In the event that you have all of your records lost or destroyed, we can give you copies of all of your returns, old W2s, etc., free of charge.

Feel free to schedule a tax home consult as it will more than likely be the most beneficial to do! Go to our home page and click “Schedule a Tax Home Consult”

Those online software programs depend on the knowledge of whomever is inputting information. If you are well versed in preparing multistate returns, how state credits and tax home works, then go for it. If you are unsure, I would let the professionals file your return!

Call Us Today!